Why buy and sell at Etsy?

In case you are wondering " Why Etsy.com?", I can think of a few good reasons. Actually more than a few! To begin Etsy is awesome, unique, intelligent and there are many, many hardworking people behind the scenes to make the vision of buying handmade a reality at Etsy.

I joined Etsy in October 2006 and it has been one of the best things I've ever done. It's perfect for someone who is just starting out to sell handmade goods, especially if, like alot of folks here, it's unfortunately not the only thing we do. You know what I'm talking about. That scary line - "I have a full time job too". Etsy allows you to slowly re-invent yourself, expand your horizons, get creative and hopefully make a few bucks along the way. You don't have to have an enormous inventory, unless you want too. You don't need to rent space for tables at a craft fair. Etsy is the craft fair! And the listing and percentage take rates are reasonable enough to make it worthwhile. As a buyer, the advantage is enormous, at least in my opinion. There is quite nothing like purchasing an item that another human being put their heart, soul, love and sweat into. Anyone can go to Macy's or Walmart, but where's the love in that? There isn't. Zip.
Buying at Etsy allows Etsians- (thats what we call ourselves!)- to follow our passions, fulfill our dreams, and pay the gas bill! Don't get much better than that!
When I give someone a gift from the heart, they really appreciate the time and effort it took for me to make that happen. It's way better than a gift card that will be lost in a drawer somewhere.
For me, one of my favorite things to do is design handbags. Creating a bag from scratch is hard work. There is designing, thinking, planning cutting, sewing, measuring, ironing, and getting stuck with pins! Hours of work go into my labor of love but its also crazy fun for me too. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. And I wouldn't have it any other way. So next time you need a gift for a friend or yourself, don't go to Walmart. Support an artist instead. Buy at Etsy. And remember Bluepie loves you!

Comments

Popular Posts