Addictions







Okay...I have a confession to make. I am an addict. I don't want to change and I don't want any help. That's because I don't think my addiction has adversely affected my life. I have a few addictions but only 2 of them that I will admit to. One is dark chocolate. I don't think this is bad. It makes me really happy under any circumstances. A little bit everyday is good for your health. (thank goodness!) And the other, as you may have guessed, is I can't stop making stuff! Nor can I stop thinking up things to make! I guess I was born this way since I can remember making those colorful loop potholders with my best friend when I was about 5 years old and then selling them to anyone who would talk to me and had 25 cents. Usually, I had a pitcher of lemonade for them to while they browsed my latest collection. I continued this obsession throughout my life. Still with my best friend, Donna, but we expanded our product line. We made leather key chains (banging loudly with hammers on the kitchen table while my poor husband who worked nights tried to sleep.) Another day it was wine sacks to sell to local liquor stores. And the list went on. So now in 2009, I am still at it. And I love it and I see no end in sight. Like I said, I am an addict. But a happy one. So, not all addictions are bad, and apparently not even chocolate. Anyway, lately I have been into painting again. I made some gouache and ink painting for my friends triplets who will be one year old! ( hidden in the paintings are their names too) One for each of their rooms and also I put together a group of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls that I found at an antique store. I attached their names to each one with a ribbon. So I thought I'd post a photo of them here. If anyone wants a painting made for a child, let me know...since apparently now I am addicted to doing this too!

Comments

Popular Posts