The Book Lover Project

Sometimes ideas come from all sorts of places. Most times, I find them in my dreams. It's amazing I get any sleep at all!

So, recently I've been thinking about greeting cards.  Who doesn't love getting them?  Someone is thinking of you, sending you sweet thoughts and wishes. But what happens to those sweet words once they are read?  Most likely they are thrown in the trash. Horrors!  Personally, everything in Bluepie Design headquarters gets reused or recycled, of course!  The greeting cards I receive are either saved (from special people)  or cut up for collage projects.  So, I figured there must be a better way.

I have always been a fan of an object having multiple uses. I remember this from my son's architecture program- form follows function.  So, why can't a greeting card fall into this category?

And so, the Book Lovers project was found.  A greeting card that is not only a card, but also a unique work of art and a gift!  Certainly not to be discarded in the trash!

All of my bookmarks are unique  hand painted drawings or collages on both sides of heavy watercolor paper.
So far, I have made about 6 of them. I will be sending them to friends and relatives for birthdays, anniversaries, inspiration and special occasions. Perfect for book lovers! ( and cookbook lovers too!)

I am also planning on making up sets of 10 with assorted occasions to sell on my Etsy site soon.
(click picture for a larger view)

So, what do you think?
Till later----
Gotta go dream up some more ideas at Bluepiedesigns!

Here's a few for you to check out!

front

back

front

back

front

back

 front
front

front

back




Comments

Popular Posts