Artisan shows coming up in May!

It's that time of year again!

Last year I was part of the Westerhoff School or Music and Arts art exhibit. It was a great space and a great time meeting friends, old and new.We sipped refreshments, snacked on homemade biscotti and listened to wonderful guitar by a local musician.
 Everyone enjoyed the local children's music performance and, of course, the walls were adorned with beautiful art!
Something wonderful happens when all these ingredients are met. It's about filling your soul, expressing your vision and enjoying the people who share your passions. Not to mention, it's fun!

So...time to do it again  Sunday May 5th 2013 from 1-3pm.
 Hoping all interested will mark their calendars and join us for an artistic afternoon at the Westerhoff School in Metuchen, NJ

http://www.westerhoffschoolofmusic.com/art.asp

And there's more!


For the first time I will also be exhibiting some of my collage work at the Barron Arts Center in Woodbridge NJ.  The exhibit is open to the public May 1- 9 2013  with an artist reception on Thursday May 9 from 5-7 pm.  Gallery hours are M-F 11-4 pm, Sat & Sun 2-4 pm.

 I am really looking forward to another exciting evening with friends. Hope you can stop by to say hello!

(ps...I'd love any comments here on my blog so I don't feel so lonely!)




Here is a sneak peak of one of my favorites "Blue Moon" and the poem I wrote that inspired the collage.


BLUE MOON

So, I painted my moon blue.

It wasn’t the color of the stars that night, 
or the taste of a juicy orange in my mouth that made me do it.

It wasn’t the music of John Lee Hooker or the bird 
that flew past my nose while my brush was in hand.

It wasn’t the voice in my head that noticed something was not quite right,
or even the stroke of the cat who jumped on my lap.

It wasn’t that fact that I didn’t remember algebra from 7th grade.
Nor the memory of the scream of my firstborn as he decided to enter the world.

It certainly wasn’t my red lips as I sucked a cherry popsicle.

It could have been my breath as I inhaled the  sweet scent of lilac.
But I don’t think it was.

Maybe an invader from Mars had something to do with it.
But I doubt it.

I know the moon had its own ideas that night, 
 but I didn’t steal from her.
I just wanted a blue moon.

And now I have one.



.









Comments

Popular Posts